Hypothermia suspected in death of 11-year-old Texas boy who died in family’s unheated mobile home

An 11-year-old boy went to bed Tuesday night in his family’s unheated mobile home in Conroe, Texas, and never woke up, becoming among the youngest people to date to pass away this week during the state’s devastating power grid failure amid winter storms.

Authorities believe the 6th grader, Cristian Pavon, succumbed to hypothermia.

What are the details?

Cristian’s mother, Maria Elisa Pineda, told KHOU-TV that the family’s power went out on Sunday, and from that point, they all slept in the same room to keep warm.

The boy played in the snow for the first time on Monday, after coming to the U.S. from Honduras in 2019 to be reunited with his mother. The family took video of him, and the picture above is from that day. Elisa Pineda said, “Everything was well. He was happy that day. He was not at all sick.”

Click Here To Read More

redditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail